|Romaji||Kigen no Idaina Chōrō no Kamigami|
Omni-Class Being ~ Big Bang-Class Beings
|“||Primordial Beings, the eldest entities...ever, can you imagine how much they can mess with creation if they act too much?||”|
–Raziel about the Primordials.
The Primordials are the ancient entities that personify the abstract concepts of existence which were emerged at Creation. They included earth, air, sea, sky, water, underworld, darkness, night, light, day, procreation, time along with many others. They are among the most powerful beings in all of creation, rivaling the Outer Gods and even surpassing several Archangels in power and strength along with being the ancestors of the Pagan Gods. Although they are still relatively weaker when compared to God, Chaos, Azathoth and Great Red.
Overview [edit | edit source]
As the first born of the immortals, who formed the very fabric of the universe, they were primarily known in Greek mythology as the Protogenos (protos meaning "first," and genos "born"). They were, for the most part, purely elemental beings; example such as Ouranos being the Sky and Gaia being the Earth. A few of them were occasionally described or portrayed in anthropomorphic form, however these forms were inevitably inseparable from their native element.
Even though the main Primordials are Greek, not all Primordials are them. All Primordials did come from Chaos or God or one of their avatars like Amatsu-Mikaboshi (for Chaos) or Brahman (for God). These Primordials would either serve either Chaos or God and along with the Protogenos, they maintain Creation. It is unknown where Chaos, God, and Death and Life came from. It is said though that Chaos was born from Caligo of the Abyss and an even stronger being than any of them.
History[edit | edit source]
During the collision between God, Chaos and Azathoth, the resulting implosion of their divine power resulted in the creation of the Primordials. And after Chaos was defeated and imprisoned, God then turned His attention to these primeval beings. His creations and servants at first opted to destroy them in fear that they might turn against them just as the Outer Gods did, but God refused for He noticed that despite being born out of the void that molded with life, they were rather benevolent, and thus spared them.
Seeing that they embody the components of creation itself, God assigned them with becoming these very components once the universe and all its concepts were done in order for the "natural wheel" to spin in a stabilized manner. The Primordials agreed and carried on with this task. Once complete, they laid dormant in their natural state for many centuries and in the process gave birth to other primeval deities. To this day they remain inactive and take no part whatsoever in the events that transpire concerning the mortal realms, for they are one with the forces and concepts they embody.
It is generally believed that the Primordials represent the "light" of creation while their counterparts the Outer Gods represent the dark. The Primordials were used as tools of power during the war against Azathoth and God. There is much debate on how the Primordials were truly created either by Chaos or God's power. However, seeing that the Primordials are more loyal to Chaos than God and wish to set him free, it's safe to assume that the Primordials were created largely by Chaos' power during the clash. The Primordial also had children known as the Primeval Deities which were closer to the Second-Generations Primordials though the latter were more powerful than the former.
Notable Primordial Groups[edit | edit source]
The Kotoamatsukami (which literally means distinguishing heavenly kami) are the collective name for the first Shinto gods which came into existence at the time of the creation of the universe. They were born in Takamagahara, the Shinto Heavens at the time of the creation. Unlike the later gods, these deities were born without any procreation only created by Chaos' avatar Amatsu-Mikaboshi. The next generation of gods that followed was the Kamiyonanayo where afterwards, the Kotoamatsukami "hides away" as Hitorigami. Though the Zōkasanshin (three deity of Creation) are thought to be genderless, another theory stated Kami-Musuhi was the woman and Takami-Musubi the man, comparing them with water and fire or with yin and yang. Amenominakanushi is believed to be the eldest, as well as the 'source of the universe' and the spirit of the North Star.
The Ogdoad were the eight Egyptian primordial deities worshiped in Hermopolis. References to the Ogdoad date to the Old Kingdom of Egypt, and even at the time of composition of the Pyramid Texts towards the end of the Old Kingdom, they appear to have been antiquated and mostly forgotten by everyone except religious experts. They are frequently mentioned in the Coffin Texts of the Middle Kingdom. They are described as having the heads of frogs (male) and serpents (female), and they are often depicted in this way in reliefs of the Ptolemaic Kingdom.
Members[edit | edit source]
- Chaos (Void)
- Chronos (Time)
- Gaia (Earth)
- Ouranos (Sky)
- Nyx (Night)
- Erebus (Darkness)
- Tartarus (Underworld)
- Pontus (Seas)
- Ananke (Inevitability)
- Caligo (Abyss)
- Aether (Light)
- Hemera (Day)
- Buri (Creation)
- Ymir (Ice)
- Surtr (Magma)
- Logi (Fire)
- Aten (Sun)
- Amun (Air)
- Thoth (Knowledge)
- Nun (Inactivity)
- Heh (Eternity)
- Amatsu-Mikaboshi (Nothingness)
- Brahman (Spirit)
- Shakti (Energy)
- Abzu (Ocean)
- Tiamat (Chaos)
- Ahura Mazda (Good)
- Angra Mainyu (Evil)
- Maveth (Death)
- Sephira (Life)
- God (Heaven)
- Asherah (Divinity)
- Amara (Oblivion)
- Astarte (Conception)
- Azathoth (Boundless)
- Ophis (Infinity)
- Great Red (Dream)
- Trihexa (Despair)
New Primordials[edit | edit source]
- Amenominakanushi (Cosmos)
- Cthulhu (Nightmare)
- Gautama Buddha (Repose)
- Mara (Conflict)
- Hugi (Thought)
- Elli (Old Age)
- Antichrist (Destiny)
- Jesus Christ (Abnormality)
- Cassiel (Reality)
- Satan (Desire)
- Hyoudou Issei (Hope)
- Ai Hikari (Harmony)
- Ota Mayuko (Duality)
- Trihepta (Ruin)
- Cao Cao (Truth)
- Shishioka Yukine (Destruction)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Chaos's appearance is based on Natsuki Minamiya from Strike the Blood.
- Chronos' appearance is based on Sieghart from Rave Master.
- Nyx's appearance is based on Nyx from High School DxD.
- Erebus' appearance is based on Alone from Saint Seiya Lost Canvas.
- Tartarus' appearance is based on Mard Geer Tartaros from Fairy Tail.
- Eros's appearance is based on Shiria Ootsuka from Maken-Ki.
- Ouranos' appearance is based on Ouranos from Danmachi.
- Pontus's appearance is based on Yukihina from Code: Breaker.
- Ananke's appearance is based on Hisana Kuchiki from Bleach.
- Caligo appearance is based on Ryuusuke Akutagawa from Bungou Stray Dogs.
- Aether's appearance is based on Hodaka Hasegawa from Haganai.
- Hemera's appearance is based on Sena Kashiwazaki from Haganai.
- Mikaboshi's appearance is based on Amou Kirukiru from Busou Shoujou Machiavellianism.
- Ameno's appearance is based on Carla Tsukinami from Diabolik Lovers.
- Ai's appearance is based on Yui Komori from Diabolik Lovers.
- Brahma's appearance is based on Larcade Dragneel from Fairy Tail.
- Shakti's appearance is based on Shakti from Elsword.
- Abzu's appearance is based on Hazama from Blazblue.
- Tiamat's appearance is based on Tiamat from Fate/Grand Order.
- Ahura's appearance is based on Ahura Mazdafrom Sid Story.
- Angra's appearance is based on Angra Mainyu from Fate/Series.
- Maveth's appearance is based on Walter C. Dornez from Hellsing Ultimate.
- Sephira' appearance is based on Mavis Vermillion from Fairy Tail.
- God's appearance is based on Heike Masaomi from Code: Breaker.
- Asherah's appearance is based on Illustrious from Azur Lane.
- Amara's appearance is based on Aya Tokoyagi from Strike the Blood.
- Astarte's appearance is based on Lucy Heartfilia from Fairy Tail.
- Azathoth's appearance is based on Yhwach from Bleach.
- Ophis' appearance is based on Ophis from High School DxD.
- Great Red's appearance is based on Irene Belserion from Fairy Tail.
- Cthulhu's appearance is based on Howard Phillips Lovecraft from Bungou Stray Dogs.
- Buddha's appearance is based on Buddha from Record of Ragnarok.
- Mara's appearance is based on an artwork of Chakravartin from Asura's Wrath.
- Jesus' appearance is based on Ultio R from God of High School.
- Cassiel's appearance is based on Castiel from Supernatural.
- Satan's appearance is based on Ulquiorra Cifer from Bleach.
- Akashi's appearance is based on Ueo Ai from Code: Breaker.
- Ota's appearance is based on Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote.
- Trihepta's appearance is based on 666:Satan from God of Highschool.